Don’t panic if
the screenshots shown for context in this lab don’t match exactly what
you’re doing for the assignment (e.g. different layer names or raster
- Load up the 10 m USGS DEM you downloaded for Task 1 in Lab 6.
- If you haven't already, create a hillshade for the 10m DEM and make the DEM semi-transparent with an elevation-style color ramp to overlay over the hillshade (e.g. figure at right).
- You may wish to add the Big Cottonwood Canyon watershed shapefile you used in Lab 6 to orient yourself.
- You may also wish to load a USA topographic basemap for reference and to help provide spatial context.
- It may be quicker to run the morphometric analyses in tasks 2 and 3 if you clip the DEM to the area of
interest (e.g. use the watershed itself as a clip - but before you clip anything, think about your final maps and the spatial extent you might want to be able to display).
Back to Main Lab 7 Page Ahead to Task 1